Accreditation & Licensing
Cape Cod Children’s Place and Sea Babies are licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care of Massachusetts (EEC). This license requires schools to adhere to a strict set of regulations surrounding physical environment, health and safety, teacher certifications and child development. Both schools complete a licensing review every two years. As does our NAEYC accreditation, EEC regulations ensure that our students are provided with developmentally appropriate practice and high standards of learning.
The Early Education Programs at our Eastham site are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Programs accredited by NAEYC have voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study, invited external professional review to verify compliance, and been found to be in substantial compliance with the criteria. Accredited programs are of high quality, providing a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children.
In accredited programs you will see:
- Frequent, positive, warm interactions among adults and children
- Planned learning activities appropriate to children’s age and development, such as early literacy, block building, painting, reading stories, dress-up, and active, outdoor play
- Specially trained educators
- Enough adults to respond to individual children
- Many varied age-appropriate materials
- A healthy and safe environment for children
- Nutritious meals and/or snacks
- Regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times
- Effective administration
- Ongoing, systematic evaluation
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & CARE
Cape Cod Children’s Place strives to provide exceptional and enriching programs to support the crucial early learning years. We believe in building a strong foundation in social emotional development of children
Cape Cod Children’s Place recognizes that parenting is the most important job, and at times, the most challenging one any of us can embark on. Our family support uses a strength-based approach to support all families
Cape Cod Children’s Place believes healthy families are a reﬂection of strong communities. We partner with our local schools, libraries and other community businesses and agencies to oﬀer free early literacy