Dennis / Yarmouth Programs, Play & Learn Groups and more
Here are upcoming programs in the Dennis/Yarmouth area
We are excited to provide programs for families for the Fall 2018 Season. Registration is ongoing. Families residing in Dennis and Yarmouth will be given priority for registration. See below for registration information.
SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER PLAYGROUPS – Scroll down for more programs
All programs run September 10, 17, 24 & October 1, 15, 22, 29. (No programs October 8) – unless otherwise noted.
- Story & Craft with Miss Jill; 10-11: 30 am, Swan Pond Village Community Center, SouthYarmouth; pre-registration required, call 508-778-7988 x 1.
All programs run September 11, 18, 25 & October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 unless otherwise noted
- Run, Jump & Move with Miss Amy; 10-11 am; Moose Lodge, South Yarmouth; preregistration required, call 508-778-7988 x 1.
- Move & Groove with Miss Lori; 3:30-4:30 pm; ages 4-8 yrs.; Flax Pond Recreation Bldg. Dennis-Yarmouth; pre-registration required, call 508-778-7988 x 1.
All programs run September 12, 19, 26 & October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 unless otherwise noted
- Intergenerational Music & Movement with Miss Jill: Starts September 19; 9:45-10:45 am, Mayflower Nursing & Rehab, West Yarmouth; pre-registration required, call 508-778-7988 x 1.
- Families on the Farm with Miss Amy; 10—11 am; various farms; pre-registration required, call 508-778-7988 x 1.
All programs run September 13, 20, 27 & October 4, 11, 18, 25 unless otherwise noted
- Multicultural Playgroup with Miss Patti; 9:30-11 am; Northside Methodist Church; Brewster -Dennis town line; pre-registration required, call 508-778-7988 x 1.
All programs run September 14, 21, 28 & October 5, 12, 19, 26 unless otherwise noted
- Terrific Toddlers with Miss Mary (walking to 2yrs.); 10-11 am; Dennis Public Library; pre-registration required, call 508-778-7988 x 1.
Baby & Me: Lap Babies Group with Miss Mary (birth to walking); Dennis Public Library, Dennisport; pre-registration required, call 508-778-7988 x 1.
Me and My Dad
FREE activities for all guys raising children! Field trips are accompanied by veteran dad Tomas Tolentno. Appropriate for all ages.
- Saturday, September 15 from 11 am – noon: Mini Golf at Pirates Cove, S. Yarmouth Stay longer and have a free lunch; enjoy other fun children’s activities, too!
- Saturday, October 20 from 11 am – noon: Piter Pater Puppet Show at S. Yarmouth Library Pre-registration required for these programs. Call 508-778-7988 x 1.
Funded by the Cape Cod Regional Ten-Town Coordinated Family and Community Engagement Grant administered by Cape Cod Children’s Place
Playing on Purpose
Parent information session Tuesday, September 11, 10 am-noon – light refreshments provided (childcare provided upon request)
- Understand your child’s social & emotional development
- Strengthen your relationship with your child; and
- Learn strategies to make playtime more purposeful for you and your child.
Family Play Sessions Tuesdays September 18, 25; & October 2, 9; 10-11:30 am Dennis Public Library, 5 Hall St.,
Dennisport Facilitated by Kelly Rodriguez * * *
Families are encouraged to sign up for all 5 sessions Pre-registration is required: call 508-778-7988 x 1 Children & families will have fun together while they develop skills to build and maintain positive relationships, follow rules and routines, manage emotions and problem-solve.
Funded by a grant from the Peter & Elizabeth C. Tower Foundation and the Cape Cod Challenger Club
Easy & Simple Ways to Save Money this Year – A Family Financial Literacy Program
Come and join us for an evening of sharing tips and tricks to save money as a family. Learn ways to save in all areas of your family budget (activities, utilities, gifts, groceries, credit cards, etc.) and get some new tricks you may never had known before. Come away with some financial confidence to support your financial health.
Dinner and limited childcare will be available for the program.
Facilitated by Mary Wilson, D-Y CFCE Program Coordinator
- Thursday, November 1st
- Location; Northside Methodist Church, Dennis-Brewster town line
Registration is required
To register, call: 508-778-7988×1
To Register: Priority will be given to Dennis and Yarmouth families. When calling to register, please leave your name, phone number, number of children who would attend, and the town you live in. Families will be contacted in the order the calls are received. Additional registration/waitlist information will be provided once you are contacted to confirm your registration.
Registration Required for All Programs: Call 508-778-7988 X1
Funding support for most of the above programs is provided by grants from the Children’s Trust and
Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care, administered by Cape Cod Children’s Place.
Call 508-240-3310 for more information.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & CARE
Cape Cod Children’s Place strives to provide exceptional and enriching programs to support the crucial early learning years. We believe in building a strong foundation in social emotional development of children
Cape Cod Children’s Place recognizes that parenting is the most important job, and at times, the most challenging one any of us can embark on. Our family support uses a strength-based approach to support all families
Cape Cod Children’s Place believes healthy families are a reﬂection of strong communities. We partner with our local schools, libraries and other community businesses and agencies to oﬀer free early literacy