Wish Upon A Star 2017 – LIVE Auction Items
Thank you to all of our amazing guests, donors, and auction winners!
Funds raised at this event allow us to provide programming that ensures children on Cape Cod grow up in healthy, nurturing and safe environments. All Cape Cod Children’s Place programs from our early childhood education classrooms, free family support consultations, childcare tuition assistance, free playgroups, free parent education workshops, free support groups, and more are made possible through the generosity of donors like you.
- CHEF PREPARED DINNER & STAR GAZING AT BEAUTIFUL CHATHAM HOME – Lobsters, Mussels, and stars, oh my!
Enjoy dinner for 8, including fresh lobsters and mussels prepared by local Chef Lou Concra (Impudent Oyster), this VIP evening takes place at the home of CCCP Wish Upon A Star Event Committee Chair Jamie Selldorff, the view of Pleasant Bay from your table is breathtaking, as is the beautiful Cape Cod style home you’ll be a guest in for dinner. After dinner, stargazing, and conversation with Cape Cod Astronomical Society President, Tom Leach.
- ANNIE – Walk-On Role – November – December 2017 – Cotuit Center for the Arts
Tomorrow, tomorrow…make your debut in ANNIE!
- ESCAPE TO COSTA RICA – Enjoy 1-week in this 3-bedroom, 2-bath villa with private pool in the remote beach town of Playa Junquillal – Some date restrictions apply (May – October)
Casa de Mañana is a perfectly appointed 3-bedroom 2-bathroom villa with a beautiful private pool in the highly desirable remote beach town of Playa Junquillal, Costa Rica on the northern Pacific coast of the Guanacaste region. The house is equipped with everything you need to enjoy your vacation in this wonderfully remote area that is close to everything you want to do. The house is fully-appointed and very comfortably accommodates up to six people, has air conditioning throughout, washing machine and dryer, wireless internet and security system. The master bedroom has a California king bed, the second bedroom has a double bed and the third has two super twins. Amazing beaches are a short walk or even shorter drive from the front door. Airfare is not included.
Get more info on this get away too: www.casademananacr.com
Donated by Keith & Al Toney Creators of “The Casa Gives Back” Program
“EVENTIDE” – OREN SHERMAN – Watercolor – Framed original artwork
Over a 30-year career, Oren Sherman has been designing exclusive artwork for a variety of clients including Steuben Glass, PepsiCo, Disney, the Olympics, Visa, Hermes, Mobil Oil, the U.S. Postal Service, the U.S. Mint and many more. An alumnus and professor specializing in concept, storytelling, and entrepreneurship at the renowned Rhode Island School Of Design, Oren has partnered with corporations across the country developing original artwork as the essence of brand identity. His work is sophisticated, contemporary and utterly unique, standing at the cutting edge where art meets commerce. Oren’s versatility and visual intelligence inform his distinctive approach. His art powers brand, creating a multi-level subliminal experience that resonates as an unspoken message everywhere the environment touches the customer.
- NY, EAT IN THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS – Weekend stay in DELUXE Room at the St. Regis, New York City, dining at Little Owl & TAVERN 62
The luxurious St. Regis New York, located at 2 East 55th street at 5th avenue in chic mid-town Manhattan, your hotel just blocks away from Carnegie Hall, Radio City, the museum of modern art, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and so much more. Enjoy cocktails and dining in-house at the King Cole Bar or Astor Court. Your NY trip includes dining for two at Little Owl, located in the West Village and know formerly as “Central Perk”, Little Owl offers bold Mediterranean cuisine, Menus flow with the seasons featuring daily specials and classics. Seafood from chef Joey Campanaro’s fishing trips and local varietals make appearances as well as treasured dishes from his childhood cooking alongside his grandmother. Understated yet elegant with only 28 seats, and 4 at the bar, the chef’s favorite table. An intimate room, your home away from home. Your dining continues with a $150 gift card to Tavern 62 by David Burke. Chef de Cuisine, Burke A graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, chef David Burke’s 25-year career is decorated with honors that pay homage to his respected culinary skill, creative whimsy, and philanthropic efforts, including appearances on Bravo’s Top Chef Masters, and receiving a US patent for his pink Himalayan salt dry-age technique for steaks. With a menu featuring modern American plates as a reflection of Chef Burke’s contemporary approach to cooking, and a nod to elevated New York classics paired with a curated wine list, craft beers, and a specialty cocktail program, you’re sure to enjoy this dining experience. Wait, there’s more you’ve got tickets to HARRY, and a meet and greet with host Harry Connick Jr.!
- DINNER FOR 8 – In the Truro Vineyards Barrel Room Prepared by Blackfish Chef Eric Jansen and his Sous Chef
Your dinner includes…
- Truro Vineyards Wine & Twenty Boat Rum drinks
- Gourmet food prepared by Blackfish Chef Eric Jansen & his Sous Chef
- Some restrictions apply, to be hosted Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 – based on Chef availability
Check out: Blackfish
- HIGHLAND LIGHT – ROBERT CARDINAL – Oil on Canvas – Original Artwork
- Robert Cardinal, originally from Montreal, has been living on Cape Cod for most of the past fifty years. He attended La Grande Chaumiere Art School in Paris. Cardinal looks for harmony between nature and what is man-made. He searches for simple scenes: isolated beaches, lighthouses, lonely Cape homes. He stresses color, light and mood in an effort to acheive a moment in time. Usually he paints at sunrise or sunset- when the light offers him the drama and mood he is looking for. These times offer striking combinations of color- although closely related in value, they are bold and vibrant, and even somewhat shocking in hues. He often returns to the same subject over and over, as they never appear quite the same twice. Cardinal now resides in North Truro, in the midst of his beloved landscape. He spends a great deal of time, painting and teaching workshops, in his studio in the village of North Truro, where visitors are welcome to visit, watch him paint and talk about the vast world of art. Built in 1858, his studio was one of the original Truro elementary schools. Once known as the Schoolhouse Gallery, this charming, historic structure in now the Robert Cardinal Studio & Gallery. For over twenty years, Robert has owned and exhibited his work at the Kiley Court Gallery in Provincetown. He and his son, artist Julian Cardinal, also show their paintings in the gallery space at the studio in North Truro.
- Kiley Court Gallery
- DESERT SMASH – Palm Springs – Tennis Get Away – Week of March 6th, 2018
Join us at the beautiful Westin Mission Hills in beautiful Rancho Mirage, California for the Desert Smash. The Desert Smash is a charity celebrity tennis event where Hollywood and professional tennis collides. Visit the Desert Smash website.
- Enjoy 4 days, 3 nights in a deluxe room
- 2 – VIP tickets to the Desert Smash Exhibition – (Past players and celebrities include Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart, Justin Bieber, the Bryan Brother’s, Timothy Olyphant, Genie Bouchard, Daniela Hantuchova, Sam Querrey, Mardy Fish, Fernando Verdasco, Billy Bush & Kit Hoover, John Isner and many more)
- 2 – VIP night time entertainment passes (Past featured performers include: LMFAO, Nelly, Lifehouse, Natasha Bedingfield and Justin Beiber)
- Option to extend your stay
Airfare is not included – Los Angeles, Palm Springs airports are closest
- SUNSET SAIL FOR 8 – Aboard Plane to Sea a 45’ Beneteau out of Saquatucket Harbor, Harwich Port
Meet at 2 pm and sail for a few hours on beautiful Nantucket Sound, enjoy the wind, sunshine, blue-skies with your friends and drop anchor for a sunset dinner. Start with seafood appetizers paired with wine, beer or Dark n’ Stormies! While you relax we’ll fire up the grill for a delicious dinner!
- NEW ENGLAND OUTDOOR SHOWER PRESENTS…THE WELLFLEET with STONEWOOD CEDAR SHOWER ENCLOSURE – Your Next Outdoor Shower – Cool Off All Summer Long
There’s nothing like taking a shower out-of-doors after a day at the beach or at a lake, or after taking a swim in the pool. It takes the sand, salt, sweat, and chlorine away before stepping inside. It is a great way to end your day. Outdoor showers are also convenient for washing hands and tools after gardening, showering after exercise, or rinsing a pet’s muddy paws. Have the convenience of an outdoor shower at your home with New England Outside Showers. Your shower, THE WELLFLEET has a streamlined top-to-bottom pipe enclosure, plus upgraded body wash head, foot wash and all-purpose lower faucet.While many outdoor shower fixtures are unsightly, New England Outside Showers enhances the appearance of your home. Don’t worry about installation or removal for inclement weather. New England Outside Showers are ready to install and easy to remove with our patented design and “Smart” connection system. Whether you own a beachfront home on Cape Cod or a lakefront home in Minnesota, our outdoor showers will give you the experience you are looking for. Learn more about our outside shower unit that can be installed or removed in just a few minutes.
Stonewood Products has generously donated a Cedar Outdoor Shower enclosure (Standard House Mount Kit) as part of this refreshing auction item. Cape Cod Shower Kits are designed to be easy to assemble, durable, and add a little piece of the Cape to any household! Constructed of long lasting cedar and stainless fasteners, Cape Cod Shower Kits are great looking and weather to a classic gray but can be stained or painted to match your outdoor area.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & CARE
Cape Cod Children’s Place strives to provide exceptional and enriching programs to support the crucial early learning years. We believe in building a strong foundation in social emotional development of children
Cape Cod Children’s Place recognizes that parenting is the most important job, and at times, the most challenging one any of us can embark on. Our family support uses a strength-based approach to support all families
Cape Cod Children’s Place believes healthy families are a reﬂection of strong communities. We partner with our local schools, libraries and other community businesses and agencies to oﬀer free early literacy